Tuesday, June 3, 2008

More Ten Commandments 2

The professor who originally asked the question wrote to say thanks and he wanted to know both about the concept and the term, "ten commandments." Another reader asked if I found someone who already wrote an article on the topic. I did not look for an article. In the old days before computer data bases, researchers would tediously search paper indexes or flip through pages of the books. Google is a great tool, but it misses much older material. This reader, who is also a Ph.D, says that today researchers don't bother to look for older stuff. I thought that my research used three ways to find answers and should have been sufficient. I did find English books from the 15th century.

After talking to people today, I realize that my research is not complete. I am interested in searching for more Jewish sources for the use of the term.


No comments: